Friday 21 December 2012

Lunch In A Bag - Review

Lunch in a Bag is a hotdog & burger take away located in Westcliff-on-Sea in Essex.

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-lunchinabag-ss0

I stumbled across them on Just-Eat. Their menu is full of comical essex themed burger names, and after reading the glowing reviews I decided to give them a try.

This is actually the second time I've ordered from them and I wasn't disappointed. 
All of their burgers are homemade and tasty. Portions are huge and the food arrives quickly. Open only a couple of evenings a week - I can see this increasing quickly once word gets out.

The food just doesn't compare with anything locally, the burgers are closer to those that I've tried in America.

I went for the 'Essex Boy' half pounder burger with cheddar cheese . It also included lettuce, tomatoes and gherkins. I could barely hold it properly in one hand!

The meat was juicy and delicious, and melt in the mouth. No burger is complete without a chip or a fri so I ordered some of their 'proper chunky chips' which were equally delicious. 



You can tell everything is made lovingly and they are now a firm favourite on my take away list from now on. Next time I'll try a 'dawg'.

No comments:

Post a Comment